Monday, December 3, 2012

Straight Talk with Chris Burke

One of my heroes writes a monthly column for the National Down Syndrome Society Newsletter.  I love reading his words and seeing the wonderful photos he posts.



Straight Talk with Chris Burke

Featured ImageNDSS Goodwill Ambassador Chris Burke is best known for his role as Corky Thacher on the hit ABC show "Life Goes On." Chris works in the NDSS office, where he is a member of the staff. In this monthly column, Chris offers advice and perspective to fellow self-advocates.

Here is his December.


Happy Holidays



I would like to wish all of you happy holidays, seasons greetings, and a happy new year! I just can’t believe it is finally here. Time flies by when you’re having fun. I have the feeling that 2013 is going to be a great year and I can’t wait.
I am very lucky to have my parents, family, relatives, and friends to share the holiday season with. I love spending time with my parents and my family and this year I will be celebrating with my sisters, Ellen and Anne, and my brother, J.R. It’s always good to see them. 
This is the time to remember being together and being there for each other. It is also the time to be thankful for the good things in our life. 
We should always try to support and encourage others who are in need our help, especially during the holidays. We should donate clothing, food and drinks, and our time to help others whenever possible.
Happy holidays and have a great new year!

Be gentle.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post, Chris! Thanks so much, and we hope you and your family have the best holidays EVER!
    The Rinaldo family

    ReplyDelete

Love reading your thoughts. Please leave us a comment.