Thursday, September 1, 2011

Have you been to a Buddy Walk?



I was a little nervous when we attended our first Buddy Walk.  What would I see?  Who would I meet?  What would others tell me about raising their child with down syndrome?

Well, all of my fears were for nothing!  What a great experience.  Everyone was so welcoming and could not stop loving on my sweet boys.  We met other families with infants with down syndrome.  We met teenagers and adults with down syndrome.  We made contacts and learned about resources.

YOU NEED TO ATTEND YOUR LOCAL BUDDY WALK!  YOU WILL LOVE IT!



homearticle_small

ABOUT BUDDY WALK

FIND A WALK NEAR YOU

The Buddy Walk® was established in 1995 by the National Down Syndrome Society to celebrate Down syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.
This year, more than 250 Buddy Walks will be taking place across the US and around the world. Click here to find a Walk near you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your thoughts. Please leave us a comment.